SKU Code: SUB/SS/ST/A
This watch is one of MWC’sÂ current military specification divers watches in a robust stainless steel case with an anti reflective sapphire crystal and scratch resistant ceramic bezel, the watch has an automatic (self winding) 24 jewel NH35A model with a 41 hour power reserve and represents exceptional value for such a high specification timepiece.
This watchÂ measuresÂ 45mm including the crown and 40mm excluding the crownÂ andÂ is supplied with 2 x 20mm NATO straps, one in black the other in grey.
Dimensions and Specification:Â
- 300m / 1000ft Water Resistant
- Movement 24 Jewel NH35A with 41 hour reserve
- Screwdown crown
- Screw Caseback
- Ceramic Scratch Resistant Bezel
- Sapphire Crystal*
- Width Inc Crown 45mm (Exc Crown 40mm)
- Thickness 15mm
- Crystal Diameter 31mm
- Lug to Lug 49mm
- Weight 89.5g
- 2 x 20mm NATO Webbing StrapsÂ
* A lot of people ask us what are the benefits of sapphire crystal over a standard mineral crystal? The answer is that synthetic sapphire is by far the best material for watch crystals because it is very strongÂ and alsoÂ shatter and scratch resistant, these characteristics make it very appealing to military and security personnel,Â policeÂ officers and people who lead active outdoor lifestyles, these groups account for over 70% of our customers. To get things into perspective we find that when clients have accidents with watches resulting in a cracked crystal over 90% are usuallyÂ watches with mineral glass crystals, even factoring in that we use hardened mineral crystals they still do not come close to sapphire for durability under adverse conditions. The reason that sapphire crystalsÂ are so strongÂ is that after the sapphire glass is manufactured it is also heat-treated to remove its internal stressesâ€”which can cause weaknessâ€”it is thenÂ made into the watch crystals and two layers of anti-reflective coating are applied,Â interestingly sapphire crystal is now used on the latestÂ iPhone. Of course sapphire crystal comes at a price hence you find that it’s normally only fitted toÂ higher end watches.